And every year, new services come to be added to those already existing in order to widen the VTT offer.
Châtel is also a part of the Portes du Soleil area, which means that you'll be able to ride from one resort to the other using lifts and marked tracks, just as skier do in winter time.
The Mountain Bike park is a special area dedicated to mountain biking fanatics, located at Pré-la-Joux/ Plaine Dranse.
Reached via Pierre-Longue and/or Rochassons chairlifts, it has around twenty downhill trails at all difficulty levels and a number of fun zones. These include North Shore zones, a Kids’ Shore and a slopestyle with a Live Park where you can video yourself and share your videos with your friends.
Please note: a suitable mountain bike, helmet and protective gear are compulsory.
All the jumps of the Mountain Bike Park have some signs on their kicks and landings:
- A green sign means the jump is filled ( like « tables »).
- A red sign means there is a howl between the kick and the landing( like « doubles or « gap »).
Black slopes also have different stages of difficulties
- « Nomal » black
- « Double » black : a bit harder with bigger jumps
- « Triple » black : the hardest
Be careful not to overestimate your level. Take your marks before sending any jumps.
Bikers have a washing point at Pré-la-Joux.
The 20 tracks are maintained and secured by a team of 9 "Bike Patrol" (opening and closing tracks, securing the domain, first aid and advice of all kinds!).
From Saturday 27 June to Friday 03 July 2020
09:15 to 17:15
From Saturday 04 to Friday 10 July 2020
From Saturday 11 July to Sunday 23 August 2020
From Monday 24 to Sunday 30 August 2020
From Monday 31 August to Sunday 06 September 2020
09:15 to 17:15
From Saturday 12 to Sunday 13 September 2020
10:00 to 16:45
From Saturday 19 to Sunday 20 September 2020
10:00 to 16:45
- Documentation language(s) :
- Ski area type :
- Ski area
- Further information :
- 3 lifts
- 2 chairlift(s)
- 1 gondola lift(s)
- 20 tracks
- 49 kms of tracks
- 3 green tracks
- 4 blue tracks
- 4 red tracks
- 9 black tracks
- 7.6 kms of green tracks
- 9.8 kms of blue tracks
- 7.8 kms of red tracks
- 15.5 kms of black tracks
- Payment methods :
- Pierre-Longue chairlift
- Rochassons chairlift
- Super-Châtel gondola
- Bike Park - The Slopestyle
- Bike Park - The Kid’s Shore
- Bike Park - The North Shore zones
- MTB trail the Vink Line - Bottom part
- The Serpentine MTB run
- The People MTB Trail
- The Fluid MTB run
- MTB trail the Ric et Rac
- MTB trail the Vorachatak
- MTB trail the Dré dans l’pentu
- MTB trail the Gueps
- MTB trail the Bike Patrol
- MTB trail the Haute tension
- MTB trail the Châ Nada
- MTB trail the Coup de fouet
- MTB trail the Air Voltage
- MTB trail the Black Shore
- The Panoramic MTB run
- MTB trail the Komatrautrail
- MTB trail the Zougouloukata
- The Vink line MTB run - Top part
- MTB trail the Vink Line - Middle section