The Châtel ski area.
The Châtel ski area offers a wide range of superb holidays and magnificent opportunities for skiing, both for those who come for the life and scenery on the mountain and those looking for that ultimate experience on the slopes!
It extends across Super-Châtel / Barbossine and Linga/Pré-la-Joux/Plaine-Dranse sectors linked together with the Portes du Soleil and Gabelou chairlifts and offers 46 ski slopes and 42 ski lifts.
New for winter 2018.2019This winter our holidaymakers will have the pleasure of testing the brand new Pierre-Longue chairlift!
The current Pierre-Longue 4-seater detachable chairlift from Leitner will be replaced by a 6-seater detachable chairlift from Poma. The flow will increase from 2600 to 3000 people / hour. Work will begin on August 20 for an opening in December.
LinksChâtel is directly linked to the Portes du Soleil ski domain via, Avoriaz , Torgon and Morgins.
- Torgon: from Super-Châtel, one can take the Tour du Don ski lift directly to Torgon, the Swiss resort.
- Morgins: from Super-Châtel, the Chalet Neuf ski lift provides a link to Morgins via the pistes.
- La Chapelle d’Abondance: from the Barbossine sector, take the Col de Croix red piste to Torgon, the Swiss resort, then the Djeu des Têtes ski lift, followed by the Conches 2000 ski lift. Several alternatives are then available to the Panthiaz gondola which gives access to La Chapelle d’Abondance.
- A regular shuttle provides a link to the Crêt Béni sector of La Chapelle, and will also take you back to Châtel.
- Avoriaz: Avoriaz can be reached directly via the ski slopes. From Pré-la-Joux take the Pierre-Longue and then Rochassons chair lifts. When you reach the crest take the red Chaux-Fleuri piste or the blue Grand Plan piste to Avoriaz.
The Espace Liberté ski area
The Espace Liberté extends across Châtel, La Chapelle d'Abondance, the Swiss resort of Torgon and the Corbeau sector of the Swiss resort of Morgins.
It offers: 73 ski slopes and 61 ski lifts.
See the ski map