To come to Châtel by rail.
Railway stations serving Châtel.
Thonon railway station is the closest to the resort. There is a bus service for transfer to the resort.
Information and bookings: SNCF
Tel. 3635 - www.oui.sncf
There is a daily rail service between Geneva airport and Aigle. Transfers between the station and resort are by taxi.
Information and bookings: CFF
Tel. 00 41 (0)900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min) - www.cff.ch
Daily rail service between Geneva airport and Thonon train station with the Léman Express.
Information and bookings
Download the bus schedules between Châtel and Thonon :
From 4th of September to 9th of December 2023
To come to Châtel by air.
Châtel is located at 1h40 from Geneva International Airport served by the biggest airline companies..
Informations and bookings :
- Bureau Accueil France : Tel. 00 41 (0)22 798 2000 - www.gva.ch
- Air France : Tel. 3654 - www.airfrance.fr
- From France Tel. 0033 (0)820 420 315
- From Switzerland Tel. 0041 (0)848 28 28 28 - www.easyjet.com
Connections Airport / Resort.
For your transfer from Geneva airport to Châtel you have several possibilities:
- To take a bus from the airport to Châtel. Direct connexions available only on Saturday. Reservations essential.
- To take a taxi or minibus from the airport to Châtel : aproximative price: €185 to €240.
- To take a train at the airport to Aigle and then a taxi or minibus to Châtel: there is a train every half an hour from the airport to Aigle. Train ticket price: please check with the CFF. www.cff.ch. Aproximative price for Aigle-Châtel transfer: €95 to €120.
- To take a train Léman Express at the airport to Thonon-les-Bains and then the regular bus Thonon-Châtel. Information and bookings
Transfers by helicopter :
Blugeon Hélicoptère offers a transfer from the arrival of your plane to the resort of your holiday. All you have to do is enjoy the flight. From Geneva, Lyon, Annecy, Chambéry, Grenoble to arrive in the resort of your choice. We guarantee you a trip without traffic jams but with sublime landscapes.
Tel : +33(0) 450 75 99 15 ou +33(0)6 11 18 18 74 - www.blugeon-helicoptere.com
To come to Châtel by road.
Please note that snow tyres or chains compulsory in mountain areas from the 1st of November 2021.
To limit traffic jams on the roads in mountain regions and improve user safety, it is compulsory to equip your car with winter tyres or keep chains in your boot from 1st November to 31st March.
Follow signs for Geneva, exit the autoroute at Annemasse, continue to Thonon then follow signs for Vallée d’Abondance/Châtel.
Follow signs for Monthey - Grand Saint Bernard, exit the autoroute at Monthey (Portes du Soleil exit) then follow signs for Morgins.
- Paris : 600 Km
- Londres : 1 000 Km
- Amsterdam : 950 Km
- Bruxelles : 780 Km
- Stuttgart : 430 Km
- Munich : 575 Km
- Strasbourg : 360 Km
- Pontarlier : 130 Km
- Genève : 70 Km
- Thonon-les-Bains : 40 km
- Evian-les-Bains : 40 Km
Which route to choose?
Find the best route to come to Châtel here below.